South Africa’s Ministry of Health says the country has confirmed the first case of Coronavirus. According to South Africa’s Health Minister, Zweli Mkhize, the patient is a 38-year-old male who travelled to Italy with his wife.
The Statement by the Minister further stated that the couple returned to South Africa on March 1 and the patient consulted a private practitioner two days later with symptoms of fever, headache, malaise, a sore throat and a cough. The Minister added that the patient has been in isolation since then as well as the doctor.
The Health Minister also said citizens of South Africa currently quarantined in China will be returning home in the next few days.