Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, will Wednesday, September 20, swear in nine newly appointed justices of the Court of Appeal.
The new justices include:
- Hannatu Laja-Balogun from Kaduna State, who was appointed a High Court judge on May 24, 1999.
- Binta Zubairu also from Kaduna State and appointed a High Court Judge on October 31, 2001.
- Peter Obiora from Anambra State, who became a High Court judge on January 17, 2005.
- Okon Abang from Akwa Ibom State, appointed a High Court judge on June 22, 2009
- Asma’u Mainoma from the Federal Capital Territory, appointed High Court judge on February 1, 2013
- Lateef Ganiyu from Oyo State, became a High Court judge on June 26, 2014.
- Jane Iyang from Cross River State, who was sworn in as High Court judge on February 12, 2015.
- Hadiza Shagari from Sokoto State, who was elevated to the High Court Bench on February 12, 2015.
- Paul Bassi from Borno State, appointed to the High Court on July 14, 2017.
The swearing-in ceremony of the new appellate court justices slated for Wednesday would be held at the Main Court auditorium of the Supreme Court.