Wed. Dec 8th, 2021

In kano, eight people die from the mismanagement of cooking gas and electrical appliances

Spread the love

The Kano State Fire Service says eight persons lost their lives, and properties worth N7.3 million were destroyed by fire in September.

The spokesperson of the service, Saminu Abdullahi, attributed most of the fire incidents in the state to careless handling of cooking gas and the use of inferior electrical appliances.

Mr Abdullahi said Monday that the fire service received 77 emergency calls and 11 false alarms at its 27 fire stations in the month under review, adding that 101 lives and property worth N21 million were saved in 21 fire incidents during the period.

The spokesperson advised residents to handle fire with care to prevent accidents and told parents to monitor their wards’ movements and stop them from swimming unguided.

(NAN)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: