The Economic Community of West African States, also known as ECOWAS, has a vacancy for a Legal Adviser who will undertake the overall guidance and supervision of the Principal Legal Adviser, Litigation and Internal matters and Litigation. Annual salary is $ 77,480 (about 28 million Naira)
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Provide legal expertise to ECOWAS Commission in implementation of the ECOWAS mandate;
• Assist in the drafting of policy documents, organic and operational documents for the ECOWAS technical departments;
• Assist in the review and finalization of legal documents and follow up its implementation in Member States;
• Give and draft legal opinion;
• Build synergies amongst legal advisers;
• Produce reports and write ups on legal related issues.
• Assist in Support resource mobilization and manage budgeting and financial disbursements for the legal activities.
• Assist in increasing the awareness of decision makers,
• Undertake other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Division.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in law, with a specialization in international, administrative or commercial law from a recognized university, with 5 years progressively practice experience as a lawyer in the legal office of an intergovernmental organization or government;
Applicants must be below 50 years old and residing in Abuja. Qualified applicants are to send their CVs and Application letters to email@example.com